The words gambling and responsibility generally don�t go with each other. However, there is a difference between gambling for fun and obsessive compulsive gambling. It goes without saying that the latter is inherently harmful to the person as well as to those around the individual.
So when does gambling for fun take a turn for the worse and become an issue? Well, before we answer that question we have to comprehend human nature. People are risk takers, thanks to our oversized and highly developed brains that can figure out possible gains for risks taken. Given our highly evolved nature we gamble for 2 reasons � to seek exhilaration and to be social. The need for excitement originates from our natural predatory instinct that is managed by our primitive brain. The neurotransmitter dopamine is released in our brain that gives us a high and we look for excitement. Whenever a predator is hunting for a prey the neurotransmitter dopamine is released and keeps the predator from distraction. However, when the gains, the prey, are made another neurotransmitter the endorphin, which produces a feeling of euphoria, is released. We get addicted to these types of chemical substances and the outcome is we become addictive or even irresponsible gamblers.
The classic symptoms of irresponsible gambling are:
* Excessive time and money spent on gambling
* Betting more than your sources of income
* Betting against high odds
* Losing sight of the chances of winning a particular bid
These days it is extremely easy to gamble, actually most people can now gamble on their smartphones. These days it is quite typical to see younger and aged play poker on their smartphone in a subway, on the bus stop, at the office, as well as in your own home. The ease at which betting is made possible can make it even more necessary to profess and recommend the advantages of accountable gambling. Websites like eurolotto.com and www.cherrycasino.com are doing their little bit to promote healthy betting.
Here are few things you could do to prevent yourself from falling into the trap and become an irresponsible gambler:
* Always consider betting as a form of amusement, and not as a means of making a full time income.
* Gamble with the cash you have, don�t ever borrow for betting. Fix a limit you can afford to lose.
* Never gamble when you are depressed or even suffering from anxiety. Your judgment is bound to fail you.
* Designate a fixed time when you gamble. Don�t cross the time limit whether you succeed or even lose.
* Engage in other things to get your dose of endorphins. Pursue some other passions as well as hobbies.
* Learn to cut your losses by quitting. Never chase deficits within the hope of making up.
* Never gamble when intoxicated by alcohol or some other substances.
* Never use your Bank Debit or Charge card in order to gamble, always use cash that you could afford to lose.
As stated previously EuroLotto is doing great work in ensuring responsible betting. Seek out sites such as these or even better go only on such websites when you have the urge to gamble.
Remember the fundamental point of gambling is actually having fun and excitement. The experience needs to be positive, and the moment you realize you might be losing your perspective of time as well as cash, its about time to stop and take a step back!